Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics GT-102 Triplet Refractor

Hi! I saw and had a play with the William Optics GT-102 Triplet Refractor at AstroFest in London some time ago and had  made up my mind that this was going to be the perfect scope for me. I already have two newts (SW150P and a SW200P) and do a lot of imaging with them, but have wanted to join the frac fraternity for some time. So I have saved up for the scope and the dedicated 0.8x Reducer Flattener 6 and am now ready to buy. However, I have not yet as I have not seen any independent reviews of this scope. Is there anyone out there that has some experience with it? I know the GTF gets rave reviews and I am betting that the GT with 0.8x Reducer Flattener 6 will be just as good (enough for me) for less money.

They are not that common here in the UK. WO sold them as US only I believe, and people like Widescreen and Ian King managed to get hold of a few. However that took some time.

So I suspect there is very few people who have one to give a review.

The GTF has a built in flattener but it is not a reducer, so you will have a slightly different system at the end to the GTF.

Think someone on SGL in Holland, maybe Norway, had a GTF.

The William Optics GT102 triplet has been available in the UK for a while now. Several SGL members have purchased one so hopefully we'll be seeing their images soon :smiley:

The GTF102 reviewed at the Sky at Night magazine is a quintuplet. The review is very positive but it has a f-ratio at f6.9 and is not designed for use with a reducer (the triplet model is also f6.9 but it does work with a reducer for imaging at f5.52). 

HTH, 
Steve 

Archived