NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

guiding and capture software

Ant

I'm lucky enough to work from home.

The weather has decided in its wisdom to be cloudy most of the weekend, but today (a work day) is a lovely clear blue sky. Rather annoying!!

I was sitting thinking this morning wouldn't it be great if I could setup for some Ha Solar imaging. Get the setup guiding on a sunspot group and every 10 minutes or so run a 1000 frame capture... repeat through out the day.

I did have a piece of software called "Daves something or other" which seemed to do all of that. I tried to run it at the weekend and it has completely stopped working :( So I thought that I would download it again and he has stopped offering his software. Which is a huge shame as it was very good! 

I am wondering if I could use the feed from the camera twice?

Firstly: For the guiding - I could use PHD to guide on a feature (assuming that PHD goes down to exposures low enough - i haven't checked yet)

Secondly: to take the feed and record it using Icap2.3 or ICcapture

Is this possible for windows to use a single video feed for two programs?

If it is I could setup at the start of the day, get everything guiding and then control the capture software from my office via VNC.

Ant

Archived