NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beta testers needed :)

Yoddha

Hello,

I need some help to test the SBIG support in APT. There is a beta version available here:

http://www.ideiki.com/astro/BetaVersion.aspx

The main features are verified to work with several cameras. What is not clear is how APT behaves with the SBIG wheels. It is expected the wheel to be detected and auto connected on the stage of camera connection. Then it should be possible to change filters manually (from the Gear tab) and automatically (in plan execution).

The tests with SBIG simulator are fine, but it will be great if you can give a try with real camera and wheel :)

Many thanks!

If one will send SBIGs I'm second in the row :D

There is no new things in the DSLR part, yet but the official 2.50 will have a new dialog box to control plan looping, delay and scheduling ;)

• 2 weeks later...

+1 from a loyal customer...

APT kicks the llamas ###

what winamp did to mp3 back in the day :)

Happy to be a tester and suggester. (dslr only at moment)

On looping, my problem is with dropped frames due guide error.

Would be good to be able to schedule APT to get a set number of exposures (excluding dropped subs) within a threshold.

Keep up the good work

Many thanks Christopher!

Do you use the auto-cancel feature in APT?

BTW are there owners of EOS 1200D? 2.47 has included support for this model but needs someone to try it :)

Yes I use auto cancel and dither.

Some times if a small cloud rolls by or a PEC error I get cancelled frames, till it passes.

This drops subs. Only way around it is to set a large delay between subs 1min and double the subs.

Would be better if APT asked PHD are you guiding, if yes start exposure else wait.

On plan would be nice if I could say, get 36 frames 300sec over 5 hrs or till merridean.

Hi Christopher,

I have checked and PHD1 is not providing information is the star lost or not :( Maybe it will be possible to ignore the canceled image and reshoot it in order to keep the number, but if the change is too big will leave it for 2.60. The new version is very close and don't want to make big moves :)

Good news. It took a bit more than hour to implement and test it :) Now the canceled images are not counted. The plan will run till gather as much clean images as it is defined in the plan :D

Thanks for the link in the email, downloaded and tested with my kit. Nothing is broken :)

- XP SP3 in Vmware, EQ5PRO with EQMOD, PHD2 (sever), 600D

It used to crash on first connect of 600D, then restart and reconnect worked.

Seems to have stopped doing this, which is good!

With auto cancel on, I have had a blip where it did not cancel. This may be due to use of PHD2. (still in beta.)

I will continue to test with PHD1 and PHD2 and feedback if I find a consistent bug. 

Keep up the good work.

Archived