Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anyone identify this eyepiece?

There are so many varients of this eyepiece it's difficult to know exactly what you'll get. I have an old version - looks very similar, same specs, but is badged and sold by TeleVue (not made by them though). It is very good general purpose eyepiece for when zoom is particularly useful - I tended to use mine on the moon to save continually swapping eyepieces. The only drawback is the FOV shrinks as the magnification is increased. It does remain close to parfocal throughtout the range (not quite though, focusing still required as you zoom in/out).

ChrisH

The 8-24's are better performers and are available under many brands including Seben and Skywatcher.

For what it's worth, the Tele Vue 8-24 zoom is made by Vixen in Japan as is the superb Nagler 3-6mm zoom. No relations to the above eyepiece though, despite any superficial resemblance.

Archived