Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter tonight 11:3:14

kerrylewis

Jupiter not bad tonight with moments of good seeing that take higher mag. The GRS has just passed the centre of the planet and it's white 'bay' was clear together with some white spots in the belt. One of those nights when long sessions reap the occasional reward when the view 'clicks' into clarity. Now looking forward to the shadow transit shortly

Still clear here. Mars has just popped it's head up but too low to get the scope on it. Seeing has improved here slightly although transparency is less good. The alignment of the three moons tonight was a bit special  :smiley: There looks to be a faint pair of stars below Jupiter's pole, opposite side to the shadow ?

Jupiter is starting to get tricky now its past its prime but there is still some good viewing to be had. Not so good here tonight though, a really heavy dew and very average seeing conditions so I concentrated on the moon.

Don't know if you saw this attached pic but its from Saturday night, a nice little comparison of an image from Space Cowboy and what myself and Dweller25 saw/sketched visually. :)

post-20821-0-06389200-1394576786_thumb.j

Good sketches!

The seeing here is truly awful tonight. Might just pack up. Some rare moments of clarity but not enough to keep me out in the freezing cold. The moon is making me dizzy looking at it!!

Oh well

Barry

Nice pair of sketches and image  :smiley:

Jupiter is starting to get tricky now its past its prime but there is still some good viewing to be had. Not so good here tonight though, a really heavy dew and very average seeing conditions so I concentrated on the moon.

Don't know if you saw this attached pic but its from Saturday night, a nice little comparison of an image from Space Cowboy and what myself and Dweller25 saw/sketched visually. :)

Jupiter has now moved behind my roof but it has looked nice tonight, here is a quick afocal shot from a movie taken with my g9. Tried to get a bright enough image to show moons and Jupiter but did not really come off  :rolleyes:

post-30467-0-07989600-1394579584_thumb.p

Archived