Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First jupiter with qhy5-ii

Mr Bergman

Hello, 

just wanted to share my first qhy-jupiter. 1,5 mins of 2x barlowed video with Firecapture, stacked in AS!2 with best 50%. Imaged a few days ago. Processed with wavelets in Astra Image. 

Still a long way to fellow imagers quality in here, but I am pleased with the difference in quality compared to my dslr-try last year. 

Pls drop me a line with critique if you want to. 

Best regards, 

Erik

13080695513_01c4501c1a_n.jpg

Nice image and first capture with this camera Erik.   Good detail and a nice presentation with the GRS and shadow transit.    Looks like it should take some drizzle/upscaling.    Your signature lists the colour version of this camera - have you used this or got another one?    F15-20 seems to be about optimum for this camera under normal conditions, so might be worth adding a 3x barlow or some additional extension between the barlow and camera.   The nose extension piece that comes with the camera adds an extra inch of extension and is also threaded for 1.25" filters (I use an Astronomics MC-Klar for my mono to keep the sensor clean, but UVIRCut would be required for the Colour version).

Nice image and first capture with this camera Erik.   Good detail and a nice presentation with the GRS and shadow transit.    Looks like it should take some drizzle/upscaling.    Your signature lists the colour version of this camera - have you used this or got another one?    F15-20 seems to be about optimum for this camera under normal conditions, so might be worth adding a 3x barlow or some additional extension between the barlow and camera.   The nose extension piece that comes with the camera adds an extra inch of extension and is also threaded for 1.25" filters (I use an Astronomics MC-Klar for my mono to keep the sensor clean, but UVIRCut would be required for the Colour version).

JamesF - thanks!

Jake, thanks for feedback. Yes I used the colour version with nose extension, but due problems with aligning rgb I decided to go bw. I tried to rgb align a "red blob" in registax but no success. This is lack of knowledge from my side:-) Any tips here would be great...

This image is with 1,5 drizzle in AS, then resized to 60% - I thought it looked less grainy, but I will try a reprocess later on and keep the original size.

A 3x barlow would be fantastic, I'll have to look at one.

Best regards,

Erik

Archived