NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 09/03 - Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Nice evening tonight and some reasonable seeing.   I've dropped the focal length to 3.5 (F17.5) and also re-collimated - near though no star check due to variable seeing.

First up RGB with single moon transit.

post-26731-0-27948400-1394406066.png

Just looking through the data on the double transit, which I just managed to catch on my first couple of runs.

Thanks Angie - collimation is nearer the mark, though could do with a fine tune/star test to get it bang on the money.

Here's the double moon transit from earlier - Io should be visible on the disc and was just visible in red, though lost in the RGB data:

post-26731-0-10785700-1394408459.png

Thanks Lee - not quite as nice as I was hoping, but getting there slowly - need to really confirm and nail the collimation with a good star test, then hopefully get some of this better seeing.    Looks like there might be some more time to play this week ;)

I hope weather stays good too, although the lack of sleep + gardening + work is all catching up with me now.

I was out last night and just caught the double transit shadows, was a little late setting up so I'll have to see if I managed to capture it - it was a little rushed in my Obsy.

Lee

Nice images Jake. Haven`t managed any transits this apparition yet - though tonight had a shadow moving onto Jupiter as I was nearing my session - so fingers crossed! Double transit was a non event here - with yes  - cloud and rain.......

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived