NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8/3/14 First try with OIII filter.

JB80

Another wonderful day here today, slight breeze, temps that are borderline scorchio in the sun and beautiful cloudless skies. Had to go to town to pick the OIII filter up and when we got back I had my first little play which is what this pic is from. Then we went for an excellent curry for lunch and after that I struggled with my second attempt this afternoon at imaging.

I still need to iron out a few things like exposures as this lot was way too dark but focussing this morning seemed much easier with the filter in, I guess it cuts out the glare that I was getting. This afternoon though I couldn't get good focus at all so I really need to find the right exposure to focus and then to make it a bit brighter for imaging so I can see what I'm doing to cut the frames down and after running it through PIPP.

Also I think the normal wavelets settings and unsharp mask overcook the image somewhat  quite a lot so I will have to try a few things out there too but all in all I think the new filter is quite encouraging, so far.

Going back out for another go in a minute. :)

post-8383-0-31231200-1394291315_thumb.jp

Archived