SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another Jupiter.. But my first!

Set up last night under clear skies but soon found it to be way too hazy to get any decent results.

So I had a little whizz around with my 2x barlow on and got some 400frames of the moon and the same of Jupiter.

Never done planetry imaging before so didn't know what to expect.

I'd also never used registax before so that too was new to me.

Below is my result.. the moon was out of focus but I'm really pleased with my Jupiter!

EQ5 syn scan+SW 150PDS+2x barlow+Canon EOS 500d unmodded.

JupiterFirstGo.jpg?t=1394280948

Excellent shot, you even got one of the moons in which usually do not show when you try for detail in Jupiter.

Far better than what I can get.

Oh and it may be another Jupiter but I'm probably like most will be happy to see more and more and more images of Jupiter as everyone capture it.

Well done!

Nicely done. How did you manage to get focus with DSLR and Barlow on? I have the same scope as you, and as soon as I try to use my Barlow with the camera, it is impossible for me to get focus. Perhaps you're just using a different barlow, but I'd still like to know how you've mounted it. And if you had any problems. 

Thanks langy!

Nicely done. How did you manage to get focus with DSLR and Barlow on? I have the same scope as you, and as soon as I try to use my Barlow with the camera, it is impossible for me to get focus. Perhaps you're just using a different barlow, but I'd still like to know how you've mounted it. And if you had any problems.

Not surewhy uou struggled with focus. My barlow is the 2x one that has the thread on the end to attach straight to the t-ring. That is then slotted into the 1.25"holder which is slotted into the 2" focusser.

With focus, the rack is roughly half way between fully extended and all the way in, so the mid point

Archived