Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

online moon map ?

rory

is there a moon map that shows how it is night by night .

i ask as im not clued up on the lunar surface ,but i was trying out the 9mm eyepiece with a cheap barlow and come across an interesting feature that resembled a skull !

its close to the terminator . im wondering if its a well known image/trick of the eye.

dont worry im not a conspiracy theorist who thinks its some kind of message from distant moonlings :grin:

i  just found it  brilliant to look at .wanted to try and do a rough sketch ,but my attempt was fruitless and did no justice.

anyway , moon map ?  i wanna find out the crater names that make THE SKUUULL OF DOOM :p

i was halted from observing earlier to do a few chores for family . i think ill head back out and see if i can get a better fix on where it was.

thanks guys for the links and pics.

ok moons gone to bed :embarrassed: .  i suppose it wont look the same the following night as the terminator moves to create new shadows .

i tried to sketch it ,but jeez it did not go well .

Archived