NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maxvision eyepieces

enigma

If shopping from the Maxvision range are there any eyepieces to be avoided? I am thinking against the Maxvision 68° 40mm as it weights 1250g, the Maxvision 82° 24mm as it weights 850g and probably the Maxvision 68° 34mm as it weights 804g. This limits my choices however I would like to know any other suggestions or opinions.

At F/5 you want to keep the max eyepiece focal length to around 30mm to maintain an effective sized exit pupil. As which whether or which Maxvision I'll leave that for others as I don't use them myself.

The 40mm is too long and many would and indeed have said the 34 is as well

I would go for the 28mm or the 30mm s/h UWA Meade in the sales section, the 24mm as well as the 16mm, the eye-relief is a bit tight on the 16mm but I had no issues with this myself when I had the Meade range of these but I do not wear glasses.

All are the same as the famous Meade SWA range which I had and paid over 1000 pounds for them, there are up there knocking on the door of the best but it has not been opened yet.

Alan.

I had the 34mm maxi for some time and found it a great eyepiece and very good value. However, in my scope the exit pupil size was very acceptable.

My only gripe was the lack of an eyecup but that comes down to personal preferences and is by no means a problem.

Archived