NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 3rd March 2014

leelee970

Had a quick (and I mean quick) go at Jupiter last night, clouds kept rolling past making things difficult.

Usual kit used as per my sig.

There was a large orange oval just before the GRS, at first I thought it was the famous GRS until I processed the image.

Lee

post-5674-0-36870000-1393939654_thumb.jp

Nice one Lee.

I first saw the oval coming over the horizon and mistook it for the GRS, until I realised it was too close to the equator.  I was luckier than you, clear skies from 7:30 until I packed up and went to bed just before midnight, only interrupted by thin high cloud for about 30 minutes around 10:30pm.  I thought that the seeing was going after 11:30, but a quick stack of my last run (number 27) it is probably going to turn out to be one of the best.  After packing up, I took the dog out for a walk around midnight and noticed how clear and sharp Jupiter was, wish I had stayed for another 30 minutes to get a bit more of the GRS going round.

Robin

Nice one Lee.

I first saw the oval coming over the horizon and mistook it for the GRS, until I realised it was too close to the equator.  I was luckier than you, clear skies from 7:30 until I packed up and went to bed just before midnight, only interrupted by thin high cloud for about 30 minutes around 10:30pm.  I thought that the seeing was going after 11:30, but a quick stack of my last run (number 27) it is probably going to turn out to be one of the best.  After packing up, I took the dog out for a walk around midnight and noticed how clear and sharp Jupiter was, wish I had stayed for another 30 minutes to get a bit more of the GRS going round.

Robin

I'd love to see your images Robin. Sounds like you had much better skies.

Lee

Archived