Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is the magnifaction...

spurius

of the hubble space telescope? Namely the mag used for the deep field images. Whats its aperture?

Also what was that bright thing near the moon the other day? One woman told me it was sunlight reflection from a spacecraft heading there but I cant find any info on new lunar missions.

Like the imaging rigs on earth the Hubble will simply create an image on the sensor that has a size dependant on the focal length of the mirror. Magnification is a visual parameter.

So not a magnification just a physical size.

I assume "The bright thing" was Venus as for the Hubble question a Google search should help you ...Pete

Implying that anything that can be google searched isnt worthy of asking about on a web forum. If a google search could have helped me, it therefore could have helped you answer my question instead of replying with that rude statement.

Like the imaging rigs on earth the Hubble will simply create an image on the sensor that has a size dependant on the focal length of the mirror. Magnification is a visual parameter.

So not a magnification just a physical size.

I guess its one of those things uh :huh:

I assume "The bright thing" was Venus as for the Hubble question a Google search should help you ...Pete

you have threw me there, what was rude about petes reply ?

Implying that anything that can be google searched isnt worthy of asking about on a web forum. If a google search could have helped me, it therefore could have helped you answer my question instead of replying with that rude statement.

I guess its one of those things uh :huh:

• 1 month later...

Archived