Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette imaging

Spoon

Hi everyone, just a quicky,

If I do enough 120sec subs on the rosette at ISO800 (unmodded dslr), and enough of them, should the rosette begin to show? Maybe 25 subs? With darks and bias of course.

Cheers,

Cam

I think this is possible. I have not tried it myself but I have seen examples where people have captured nice Rosettes with unmodified Canons and 120secs is a reasonable length. A bit longer would be better of possible.

I guess the biggest obstacle will be if your skies are nice and dark. It may be difficult if there is light pollution about.

My skies aren't bad, I can just about pick out the Milky Way on a really good night, and I'm 15 so my eyes are pretty good. I will try it tonight as it's clear here so worth a go. So do you think 25 subs will be enough to bring it out?

Thanks

Cam

You might get some detail. I would throw as much at it as you can though. I think 2 1/2hrs would be a good target. Also see if you can get away with a longer sub. I think the longer the sub the better you chances as it is tough unmodded.

Best of luck

Hi everyone, just a quicky,

If I do enough 120sec subs on the rosette at ISO800 (unmodded dslr), and enough of them, should the rosette begin to show? Maybe 25 subs? With darks and bias of course.

Cheers,

Cam

Depends on how fast your scope is, if you use a HyperStar it will be great, if your  scope is F8 then no there won't be much there. I have used 300s subs with a canon 1100d @iso 1600 uaing an F5 scope and it just about worked with 18 subs, I have also used a Cooled CCD with 600s subs and it showed great depth and detail. If you go for 120s subs try and get about 50 of them.

Regards,

A.G

Archived