Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fingers crossed

DaveS

Started an imaging run on M42 using my new guider set-up

So far APT appears to be talking to PHD and the stars are looking nice and round on 3 min subs at ISO 800. If it looks promising I may try 5 min at ISO 400.

Bummer  :sad:

Spoke too soon. Just been out again and found my HEQ5 making distressed noises and the power tank showing a yellow warning LED.

I guess that's my imaging run over for tonight.

Must build a safe mains power supply.

Under the Heathrow flight-path here.

I had a go yesterday, but found PHD was saying it couldn't "hear" the com port after only 4 subs. I think that ran the battery down, as it was still dithering after half an hour or so. At least this time it got to 6 subs and I thought it was running OK.

Ah, well, no-one said imaging was easy1

Bummer :sad:

Spoke too soon. Just been out again and found my HEQ5 making distressed noises and the power tank showing a yellow warning LED.

I guess that's my imaging run over for tonight.

Must build a safe mains power supply.

I've bitten my fist many a times when it ran everything off battery... You'll need mains supply for LX AP runs...

Under the Heathrow flight-path here.

I had a go yesterday, but found PHD was saying it couldn't "hear" the com port after only 4 subs. I think that ran the battery down, as it was still dithering after half an hour or so. At least this time it got to 6 subs and I thought it was running OK.

Ah, well, no-one said imaging was easy1

What I came across once was - that Windows XP had created 30odd COM ports for parts I've been putting in differently from time to time. If you google "how to remove COM ports" - that might be helpful:

http://www.google.com/cse?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&cx=partner-pub-3844718303787366:7030133853&sa=Search&q=how%20to%20remove%20com%20ports#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=how%20to%20remove%20com%20ports&gsc.page=1

Archived