NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Am I Seeing The Correct Price Here ?

Hi all,

Been looking at a few websites today regarding the Celestron Advanced VX mount.

On many of them I am seeing that the mount costs more when purchased on it's own than it does when purchased with a 6 inch reflector as part of the deal.

Please tell me if I am seeing things (or probably missing something knowing me ....)

Can this really be cheaper when bought WITH a 6 inch reflector ???

Here are FLO's pages to demonstrate my point :-

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/advanced-vx-goto/celestron-c6-n-newtonian-vx-goto.html   -   Cost £765  with mount

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-mounts/celestron-advanced-vx-mount.html  - Cost £787 for mount only .... 

I am sure I am missing something blindingly obvious here - :)

Kind Regards

V.  :)

When I got into the hobby about six years ago or so, Celestron had a rather odd pricing policy back then.

I wanted a CG5 mount and it was not much cheaper on its own than with a C6 SCT, so we thought we might as well get the combined package. As it happened, we ended up liking the "nearly free" scope more than the mount. There was nothing wrong with the mount, but the C6 was a little gem :laugh:

Some good deals to be had if you want the mount too, and if you don't want the mount, it might still be worth getting and selling on.

It is a bit daft, isn't it :smiley:

The official Celestron RRP prices are £849 for the VX mount and £949 for the mount with C6N scope. But nobody charges RRP and there is a bit of a price-war going on over the Celestron VX/C6N combo, whilst people rarely (if ever) buy the VX mount on its own so it's price has received less attention. Having said that I haven't price-checked our VX mount-only price for some time so I'll check in the morning and might change it if I discover we are not competitive. 

So, it isn't a typo. It really is that cheap. Best place your order now :grin:

HTH, 

Steve

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Yes Steve, I have read some great things about the Celestron VX mount so you can expect an order coming in from me very soon for this - it's a no brainer really!

Many thanks indeed!

Kind Regards

V.   :)

Archived