NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello again! Rain? What rain?!!!

m37

New setup (scope and guider), dropped laptop (ouch) and some really bad weather here in the East Midlands means I've not posted much for a while. Been doing lots of reading, watching tutorial videos, more reading, and fine tuning the setup.

I've been pretty much back to the drawing board with my new kit so I still have some guiding and field curvature issues due to still fine tuning my spacing, but this is my first half-decent image with my new scope. Really pleased that I have finally managed to track down the (for me) elusive horsehead nebula, and image it. Well, imaging anything is a bonus this year!

5x10 minute light frames, 10 darks, 50 flat, 100 bias. All stacked in DSS, bit of photoshop and here we go!

I look forward to getting back on the boards more now the weather is seemingly not quite a appalling as it has been. Hope you've all had better skies than I've had.

Cheers and CLEAR SKIES!!!!

Chris

post-31053-0-66750800-1393079892_thumb.p

Archived