SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pentax 20x60 "bargain" no more?

Alfian

I like a good bargain and  I commented in a recent post that Microglobe were advertising the Pentax 20x60 for a good price. It was advertised as reduced from £198.93 to £159.00. "You save £39.93"". At the time delivery was quoted at 3-5 days, which usually means that its not in stock but pending arrival.

It is now in stock "available for next day delivery" but the price is now advertised as £279.00 reduced to £189.00. "You save £90".

I have not queried this with Microglobe so there may be a perfectly legitimate reason for this (Price hike from Pentax?) and I apologise to those who I have inadvertently given incorrect info. Right or wrong I have my own opinion on this - but I thought I'd bring things up to date.

Thanks for the update.

My understanding from camera forums is that Microglobe sell a lot of 'grey imports' , as well as UK sourced stuff, & so their prices simply reflect the price they were able to buy in at from whatever source they could get.   They are not 'disreputable' but the behaviour you describe re pricing fits with that business model.   

I was saving up for that binocular at that price. With this information I may need to rethink my choice of deep sky binocular! Really don't want to go over £180!

The 10x50 from the same range is great value at the minute....

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/pentax-10x50-pcf-wp-ii-water-proof-porro-prism-binocular-p-2603.html

Thanks for the update.

My understanding from camera forums is that Microglobe sell a lot of 'grey imports' , as well as UK sourced stuff, & so their prices simply reflect the price they were able to buy in at from whatever source they could get.   They are not 'disreputable' but the behaviour you describe re pricing fits with that business model.   

thanks for the comments Eastridge. From feedback I'm aware that Microglobe have many happy customers as well as some that have not been so happy, which I'm sure is how it goes in business sometimes and I would not want to accuse them of anything "disreputable". Lets just say that in my opinion it does not appear to be good PR to change from one price with a saving of £39.93 to a higher price and show it as a saving of £90. It might, given fluctuating prices, be a statement of fact - it just doesn't look good.  

Archived