Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium problem, can't get it to show the correct info

oldpink

I have it installed on my PC and its fine and showing me the sky outside pretty accurately

now I installed it on my laptop with the same location settings (Long / Lat, time etc) exactly but I'm seeing mars & Saturn where Orion should be

in my southern view

outside the moon is SE on my PC its SE but on my laptop its setting in the west
I'm pretty good with software (I work in IT support and write code) but I havn't a clue whats going on here
anyone else have this issue or had it before and sorted it

Sounds like it is the Time that it is using or the location.

Is the value for Longitude got the right sign?

Glasgow is something like -4.2

If it wants + or - it is easy to forget although you would be 8.5 degrees out so about 40 minutes which doesn't sound enough.

You didn't managed to enter -42 and not -4.2 ?

That makes just under 3 hours time difference.

You should be able to select Glasgow from the supplied locations, that's probably safer.

Actually what time is the laptop set to ?

both systems have less than a 3 second discrepancy in there system clocks
the laptop is currently loading windows updates, I will recheck all settings again
I may un install and reinstall again, I did have an issue with the ASCOM drivers I was installing for my camera (ASI120MC)
but I don't think that would cause this issue

problem solved

I just checked all my settings and my system location was set for Canada screwing up my settings
I've just re installed a clean copy of Windows 7 ultimate so that I can use my laptop to do remote viewing on my PC indoors
looks like during the setup I forgot to setup (thought I had chosen) my location
pity would have been nice to see Saturn  & Mars  :huh:

Archived