NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Final setup

After much swapping and changing over recent months I have finally achieved a setup that I think I would find hard to improve on.  My shed observatory now houses a Paramount MX on which I have two TMB apo refractors;  a 130mm F7 and 92mm F5.5.  Most recently I have been using the 130mm to carry out spectroscopic observations of the M82 supernova but I plan to concentrate on lunar and planetary imaging in the future.    The PMX offers an attractive combination of looks/performance/ease of alignment and load capacity which I didn't find with other mounts in the price range. 

I also want to do some serious solar imaging this year (if the rain ever stops!) and so when I recently had the opportunity to upgrade my Lunt LS60THa solar scope to the LS152THa I jumped at it.  Apart from the obvious advantage that a 6in refractor holds in terms of resolving power, I love the fact that the LS152 is designed to be modular and so can be used in CaK, white light and even for night time use with appropriate accessories.   I had a redundant EQ6 Pro after buying the PMX but that has now been dusted off to use with the LS152.

Paramount MX with TMB130 and 92

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30649972@N05/12342916424/sizes/o/

Lunt LS152THa

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30649972@N05/12150114894/sizes/h/

Super set up  :smiley: if you do want to concentrate on lunar and planetary imaging at some point I can see a rapidly developing case of aperture fever in your future  :grin:  c14 ?  :rolleyes:  :smiley:   

screw the c14 get 20" RCOS :D stunning set up

I'd reckon a C14 would be a considerable downgrade from what is already in this shed.

Welcome to SGL, Phillip. That Lunt LS152THa is the bees knees of amateur solar observation. Would LOVE to take a look through one of those!!

Archived