Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st attempt at Mars

Kirscovitch

Exposer was set at default. I think its like 20ms. I admit I raised the red level way too much when processing as the final image was way too green. 

Any advice on where to set the exposure? I usually just click the auto exposure. But it can be set manually to minutes, seconds, and I assume miliseconds.

nice first start, well done. i wouldnt allow the camera to auto set any of the settings. i have not used the Orion Starshoot 5MP, but i would think the best thing to do is adjut the settings yourself and experiment with the different settings to see what works best for you.

I'm only a beginner myself but the great thing with today's systems is that you can reprocess the raw data over and over till you get what you want.

I was bale to reprocess my first images of Jupiter many times as my understanding increased and what had been a fairly bog standard initial  output, turned out very nicely when I understood how to use the software. 

I may well be trying to teach you to suck eggs. Lots to learn for all of us :-)

Archived