SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

7Timer weather down

todd8137

This email address (tom6740@gmail.com) has been retrieved from a scientific paper regarding the 7-Timer process.  I have sent an email to this address enquiring whether they know when the 7-timer website will be back online.

The paper entitled, “Forecasting Cloud Cover and Atmospheric Seeing for Astronomical Observing: Application and Evaluation of the Global Forecast System” was written by Q.-Z. Ye1 from the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China. Perhaps we can reach someone there.

Regards,

Stephen

MPC171 Flarestar Observatory

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Guys, I got a response  :smiley:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks a lot for your support! The server was down due to a hardware failure since early Feburary. It just returned this Monday and I am still working on solving some issues -- for some reason high incoming traffic keep freeze the server. I will try to make the data available as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Quanzhi

PS. I have been working with D35 and C42 for a few years -- familiar feeling to see the observatory code!

• 2 months later...

The 7timer is still up and running. Just use the link below in your browser and update your bookmarks

Here is what the website blog has stated:  "In order to meet the "net net special action" countries 7Timer top-level domain will be disabled since May 29, I will find a solution as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can still IP address (202.127.24.18) or visit the days of the text on the mirror . Thank you for your support!

Due to administration issues at our server host, I have to temporary terminate the service of '7 timer.com 'domain starting May 29. Meanwhile, 7Timer service is still accessible by the IP address of the server (202.127.24.18). I am sorry for the inconvenience and I am working for a solution."

Regards,

Stephen

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived