Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DK books Universe

saturn5

The Definitive Visual Guide.....Just bought it at the weekend and have to say it is brilliant,those who have it will know what i mean,if you havnt and are looking for a good educational book i would recommend this one.

Chapters include..What is the universe

..Beginning and end of the universe

..View from earth

..exploring space

..the solar system

..the milky way

..beyond the milky way

At the end of the book the constellations and their history are explained with photographs of the constellations which is better than seeing them as drawings,imho.

The book really does explain everything from how stars form,to different star classes,galaxy classes etc and all backed up with superb photographs.

Even the space science bit which in some books can get a bit heavy,is explained with just the right amount of detail and doesnt turn into an astro physics seminar.

Probably the best Astronomy related book i have read. :read: :thumbright:

Agreed - it is super book and very enjoyable. Nicely set out with some beautiful images and illustrations. A 512 page, large hard back for £12!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universe-Definitive-Visual-Guide-Astronomy/dp/1405316403/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201039788&sr=1-1

Some very useful info in there for the Amatuer Astronomer but equally a really nice "browsing" book.

Cheers

Bill£ :D

Agreed - it is super book and very enjoyable. Nicely set out with some beautiful images and illustrations. A 512 page, large hard back for £12!

Some very useful info in there for the Amatuer Astronomer but equally a really nice "browsing" book.

I'll third that. It has a perminant place on our coffee table.

One small niggle though. Have you noticed that some of the 'thumbnail' illestrations are mislabeled in the Multiple Stars section. For instance Almach is shown in a picture which is labelled Taurus and Albireo it seems is in Ophiuchus!

CW

Archived