Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonlite focuser outward travel...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Emad, 

When SteveB fitted your Moonlite focuser he used only one of the two spacer blocks (probably the smaller one). You can use one or both of the other blocks supplied in the installation kit to raise the focuser. They are easy to fit, you won't need to remove the curved profile plate, you only need to unscrew the four bolts to remove the focuser and spacer (you will find longer bolts supplied with the installation kit). You probably won't need a focus extension tube. 

If in doubt drop us an email :smiley:

Hi Emad, 

When SteveB fitted your Moonlite focuser he used only one of the two solacer blocks (probably the smaller one). You can use one or both of the other blocks supplied in the installation kit to raise the focuser. They are easy to fit, you won't need to remove the curved profile plate, you only need to unscrew the four bolts to remove the focuser and spacer (you will find longer bolts supplied with the installation kit). You probably won't need a focus extension tube. 

If in doubt drop us an email :smiley:

I emailed this morning.

I think my TVs will require more than half an inch of back travel. Fully drawn back, they're still nowhere near focus...I'd estimate I'd require at least a full inch of back travel in order for them to reach focus.

I am sure SteveB or Martin will find it but I think the advice here in this thread has you covered.

Once you have determined how much higher the focuser needs to be above the tube you then have the choice of changing the Moonlite spacers or using a focus extension tube. The Moonlite focus extension is popular because it is built to the usual Moonlite standard and has a brass compression ring and three thumbscrews. And if your budget permits then the Baader ClickLock with focus Extension recommended by faulksy is the bee's knees. 

HTH, 

Steve :smiley:

Archived