Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vulture Head Nebula - LBN 777

psemil

This is my project for the last 3 months. The hardest I ever try, this extremely dim nebula was hardly visible in the stretched image in pix.

It is the first image made with ASA ddm60 mount and also this my first image made with a CCD - FLI ML8300. DDM60 is an incredible mount compared with Losmandy G11 and Eq6 that I previously owned. The fwhm is lower by 25% than any of my previous captures.

I started at the end of october capturing  RGB data with Canon DSLR . Because of the weather I could gather only a little more than 5 hours of good data in two moths. But the unlucky skies were gone in december when I started record Luminance with FLI ML8300.

I made some mistakes, most notably bad flats for luminance. I had to correct images in pixinsight with DBE losing some of the background nebulosity in that process.

The setup:

ASA ddm60, Newton 8" with ASA KORRR2 f/3,3, FLI ML8300 and Canon 1000Dac, astronomik CLS.

Exposures: 34x10' RGB with DSLR + 40x10' Lum with FLI --> Total 12,3 hours.

The site light pollution  is green in Bortle-scale so I can only dream of mountain sky for this object.

Thanks for watching.

Emil

get.jpg

Archived