Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Free Monthly Star Maps

Mr Q

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Free online star charts are great, essential tools. In my very humble opinion, anyone that wants to get serious about astronomy, needs to buy yourself a copy of URANOMETRIA 2000.0. This book is the "Astronomers Bible", and is a must have in your astronomy kitchen.  Astronomy software is also must have items, and yes they are also FREE. I myself have downloaded "Stellarium" , "Cartes du Ciel" and "C2A". As I am also new to astronomy and SGL, I thought I should share what I can. What an adventure we have all begun, each of us on our own journey to the same place. Take care & Clear skies  JOE 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, -Dougal- said:

Is there anything similar for DSO's?

I well recommend the Illustrated Deep-Sky Observing Guide which can be downloaded free at http://www.deepskywatch.com/deepsky-guide.html

In particular there's a select section of the 650 "best", including the famous lists (Messier, Caldwell etc.).

Archived