Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2ND go at the Horsehead

Stardust

Had another go at the Horsehead last night, this time with a modded 1100 D. 1600 iso 27x180  TV85 piggyback on LX200 guided plus my limited processing skills

There was a lot of moisture in the air so I felt longer exposures might have bloated the big stars even more.

post-195-0-12974800-1390346005_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. If you're having trouble with noise it be worth lowering the ISO a bit. I used 400 on my 1000D which seemed to be a good spot for that camera. Your stars seem nice and round so your guiding is very good, you could probably try 240sec or 300sec to help capture some of the delicate structures and make processing a bit easier. :)

I must admit that I would have gone with 800 but was told the 1100D seems to work best at  higher iso with better snr and 1600 a good balance. True or not I don't know but was my starting point.

It wasn't a good night either and given our lovely weather, it is only the second outing for the camera.

I'm all for 300sec but should I stick with 1600 or run it again with 800?

I must admit that I would have gone with 800 but was told the 1100D seems to work best at  higher iso with better snr and 1600 a good balance. True or not I don't know but was my starting point.

It wasn't a good night either and given our lovely weather, it is only the second outing for the camera.

I'm all for 300sec but should I stick with 1600 or run it again with 800?

Hi,

The seeing at the moment is terrible to say the least. Last week I did a series of 180s capture of the HH and M42 using an 1100d @iso 800 and a ZS71 @ F3.5 , the capture has horrible noise and all my stars have blue tint on one side and red on the other, I believe this is due to very bad seeing.

Regards,

A.G

Archived