Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5L-II Problem...

I have a new QHY5L-II cam. My first test image looks a little strange. There appears to be a strange grid pattern present in my test image. Today has been the only day that I have been able to have a quick go using it, so it maybe nothing other than some wrong settings I suppose. If anyone can shed any light on this would be great!

Thanks

Skipper

is it connected to a lens/tube and focused? It gives all kinds of strange images and patterns when just pointed around. If it is, also check the drivers, I had to install them a few times before it started working!

It looks a little like the Bayer pattern but not too sure why it shows distortion of the grid on the left side unless this is just a processing artefact.

Is this a colour camera and did you select de-bayer to remove the Bayer grid and produce the colour image?

The camera was connected to the rear of the SkyMax 127. The image was focused on the monitor. Drivers. I could try that.

The left is even stranger! The camera is the colour version. :icon_confused:

It looks like the Bayer marix pattern, what software did you use for the capture? Hopefully it is just a wrong Debayer setting though the pattern on the left is a bit starnge. The black dots are just dust particles on the sensor.

Regards,

A.G

Go into the camera set up tab in EZ planetary and check that RAW (mono) is not selected, you need to choose one of the Bayer patterns, probably GR.

You can check indoors without connecting to a telescope, just point the camera to any brightly lit coloured object, red jumper, blue shirt etc and run a capture, single shot or AVI then check that the correct colour tint is displayed, you won't see the object just a hazy colour glow, if the colour is wrong then choose one of the other Bayer patterns RG, GB or BG.

See attached:

Archived