Coma correct??

Skooby

What's the best coma corrector for my skywatcher 250pds on a eq6 pro mount and I got a canon 600d dslr camera. I've been looking at the skywatcher f4 aplanatic coma corrector will this work with my scope? Your help would be great on this thanks Kevin.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/skywatcher-f4-aplanatic-coma-corrector.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im currently testing the Baader MPCC Mk III, which is doing a pretty good job so far. Your telescope is F5, the aplantic is designed for F4 - so there may be an issue there.

Some people get good results with the standard SW corrector, but that depends on how well your focuser is sqaured, and how good your collimation is (if you are looking for round stars all the way to the corners). If it stays clear tonight, im going to point the new MPCC at M45 and see if it truly delivers what it says on the tin (no internal reflections).

I did manage to get out and test the Mk III last night, but the sky conditions were awful. However, from the small amount of data I gathered from M45 - I can confirm that there are zero internal reflections from bright stars.

Additionally, the spacing is longer than I expected - I started at 55mm, got coma in the corners - changed it to 56mm, better - changed it to 56.5, almost perfect. Then I ran out of spacers (doh!), so I will make a few more up or find a better combination of extension tubes. I reckon its going to be about 57mm. This may be due to the filter and CCD window extending the light path very slightly (by about 1mm).

Thanks for the update uranium235 so the baader mk 3 is a definite buy over the standard sw corrector? I've been looking on flo and the baader mk3 is available with all the connections for £169 would this be a better buy? http://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/baader-mpcc-visual-photographic-set.html

Thanks for the help.

Thanks tinker that's made my mind up for me I've decided on the £169 pack with the accessories it is worth it considering the price on the adapters separate. Nice collection to :) thanks

Archived