Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

15/01/13 White light.

JB80

Managed to get a few shots off today albeit through a bit of cloud which you can kind of see in the pic a bit but it was better than nothing.

I'm still having a dog of a time with stacking though, it simply will not cleanly stack the whole disc.

I tried merging two different shots of the cleaner stacked areas in ICE(which I've never used before) which came out promising aside from some small seam lines.

I think I'm going to have to stop being lazy and whack the motors on the scope.

post-8383-0-51375400-1389811925_thumb.jp

The merged image in ICE, not rotated.

post-8383-0-05404800-1389811176_thumb.jp

I think this one is a better effort and it's only a stack of 8.

Can still see the clouds but I'm happier.

Out of curiosity is there any other programs like "Tilting Sun" to add any different perspective on solar images?

post-8383-0-52905900-1389866162_thumb.jp

Muy Bueno Jarrod.

Apart from the cloud, they are looking good.  Autostich sometimes stretches my images in one direction, although not as much as egg shaped.  If it does, I do a re-size in one direction only, just measure both axis and apply a scaling factor to just one.  I wouldn't say it corrects it perfectly, but no one is going to notice.  My picture from Monday was slightly stretched in the vertical by about 10% so a 10% reduction in the vertical axis only, brought it back to a nice circle.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205116-mondays-marvelous-sun-in-ha-from-gateshead-13114/

Robin

Thanks Robin and Alexandra.

I couldn't tell yours it had been misshapen even after you told me so it did a pretty good job. I couldn't quite get the flat bottom out of my autostich pic so figured I'd leave it for now.

Weather is looking good for today though here so hopefully I'll get a chance to get out.

Archived