Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One from the late summer....'The Wall'

RobH

An image that I've been prevaricating about for too long.

One from late August, early September of the 'Wall' region of NGC7000, The North America nebula.

This was imaged with my TMB152 @F8 while the RC was at the scope hospital having open mirror surgery!!

It's made up of.....

Ha. 21 x 900s

OIII. 11 X 1800S

R.  7 X 220S

G.  7 X 200S

B.  9 X 240S.

Total imaging time. 12 hrs 10 minutes.

Imaged from Weymouth, Dorset.

The main colour of the image is comprised of the Ha for red, OIII for blue, and green synthesised from the Ha and OIII.

RGB stars were added using 'lighten' mode in photoshop, Red stars added to Ha, Green to the synth green channel, and blue to OIII so when the 3 channels were combined into an RGB image, the star colour was there.

It's by no means a straightforward way of doing this, and I'm still experimenting, but that's half the fun :smiley:

Although I was probably losing a little resolution, I binned all the data 2x2 in order to increase the sensitivity of the system, which at F8 is not exactly fast, and the very slight theoretical loss of resolution was hardly noticeable to me to be honest. I could have compensated by sharpening, but decided I liked the slightly nebulous look.

gallery_1757_60_2526265.jpg

Thanks all, glad you like it. Its hard to judge when an image is finished if you've been working on it for a long time and I couldn't decide on the colour, narrowband images being very much down to the preferences of the processor. In the end, you simply have to post and damn the torpedoes :-)

Archived