Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I collected my Skywatcher 150P from FLO yesterday..

Thanks for the great service Steve.

I was working late last night and am working most of this afternoon, so not wishing to start something I cant finish in peace I've just been circling the boxes and touching them occasionally, resisting the urge to start emptying them. It may sound a bit silly but I actually feel both excited and a bit aprehensive about opening them and starting an adventure and learning a  brand new skill with all the challenges, phew!

:smiley:

mick

No you have to open the boxes, let the clouds out and wait weeks before you can get first light. Meanwhile writing endless threads about how frustrating weather is. Eventually you get to look at the sky and then get to write threads on how you can't see anything due to focus, collimation and the supplied eyepieces not being up to scratch. You then order eyepieces, let the clouds out and wait weeks for the first light with your new eyepieces. All the time writing endless threads about how frustrating british weather is. Astronomy is so much fun you are going to love it. (next episode "I want to image")

No you have to open the boxes, let the clouds out and wait weeks before you can get first light. Meanwhile writing endless threads about how frustrating weather is. Eventually you get to look at the sky and then get to write threads on how you can't see anything due to focus, collimation and the supplied eyepieces not being up to scratch. You then order eyepieces, let the clouds out and wait weeks for the first light with your new eyepieces. All the time writing endless threads about how frustrating british weather is. Astronomy is so much fun you are going to love it. (next episode "I want to image")

Hahaha! :grin:  Hilarious.... but unfortunately so true.... :)

I know exactly where you're coming from, when I first bought my scope, also a 150P, I opened the boxes and thought WOW what now but not to worry it all went together with no major problems despite the manual being pretty awful.

You will see loads with that little beauty and it really is exciting to see objects with your own eyes sitting in your own back yard.

Don't forget any problems just ask on the forum and you're sure to get loads of help from the good people here.

Good luck and enjoy.

Brilliant, but true. So very true.

I remember myself back when I started, I thought to myself that I was only going to spend a few hundred pounds. 7 scopes and a multitude of eyepieces later, I've stopped worrying about the money  :rolleyes:.

Hope you enjoy your new scope, don't leave it in it's boxes too long, it needs to become part of the home :). Looking forward to a first light too (once the clouds from your box have all cleared!) 

Archived