150p-ds for visual use on an eq3

Or for that matter any of the p-ds range for visual use. Obviously these are targeted at AP use but apart from possibly needing an extension tube to achieve visual focus is there any drawback to using them visually?

I currently have a 90mm refractor on an eq3 (well the bresser equivalent but it's much the same). I want to get something better with a view to trying AP later so I was thinking of getting the 150p-ds using it on my current mount visually now and looking for a better mount later. Anything I should consider or change in that plan?

Had the same concerns just before Xmas as Im loking for a 70/30 ratio of visual/AP......decided to buy it ..- best decision I made....

At our stargazing live event this weekend - several members of the public commented that it was the crispest view of jupiter they had seen in any scope that night....

The EP was an X-cel at just 12mm so not pushing the mag too hard...- I find the fine focus gives so much more visual control than I had anticipated...

Love this scope....Will satisfy all my needs, and still very portable...

I have the 200pds on a Altair sabre v2 mount excellent,,, the only difference is the shorter focuser ( you get the extension for visual) when you buy new & the mirror is a touch more up the tube other wise its the same as the 200p you get slightly less contrast due to the bigger secondary mirror , but its no big deal , dobbie.

Archived