Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Update

Hello Astro Boys & Girls,

As we all know yesterday night was amazingly clear and nice...since Christmas I been waiting for this opportunity first of all because I did my telescope for Christmas secondly because of the weather...But never the less yesterday I took my telescope and settled down fro 3 hour observing session...here I should mention that it was my FIRST NIGHT with my FIRST TELESCOPE, I had never owned one before. After setting up the EQ2 mount and pointing it to the Moon had a bit of problem finding it, then I realized that actually I have a red dot finder scope...and eventually I find the moon...WHAT A SITE WHAT A VIEW WHAT A DETAILED BLOWN UP IMAGE I HAD  ....  could not believe it ... OAOOOO ... I had my best moment of my time...just to be able to see that it was amazing. After the Moon went for Jupiter with my 25mm. supplied Plossle and then with 2XBarlow and then the 10mm. Plossle with the 2XBarlow and OMG what I saw I think will stay with to the rest of my life...clear crisp image in both cases Moon and Jupiter and the Jupiter Moons what an amazing site. I only have SkyWatchet Explorer 130/900 but guys trust me worth the money. And today I bought a SEBEN 1.25" ZOOM 8mm.-24mm. eyepiece and a SEBEN PLOSSLE 40mm wide angle eyepiece a T2 Mount adapter to go with my 2XBarlow so I can attach my CANON DSLR 550D and bought a PREMIUM BLUE light pollution filter and PREMIUM Moon filter...SO YES ITS GOING TO RIGHT DIRECTION. Also in CANTERBURY there is a few stargazing live session coming up and I WILL BE THERE.

I leave you in peace and harmony.

All the best

Yours NEW STARGAZER EDE SZABO

CLEAR SKIES.post-34328-0-11388200-1389365922.jpgpost-34328-0-78807000-1389365922.jpg

These images were taken with my Samsung galaxy phone just hoovering above my eyepiece without any professional camera or adapter, surrounded by 5 lamp posts.

But still I am quiet happy with it as they were my ever first astro images....so so so HAPPY    :grin:  :laugh:  :smiley:  :kiss:

Reading your post its great to see your enthusiasm and delight shining through.

You say you only have the SW 130/900, don't do it down, you will see loads with your scope. Think what Galileo would have thought of it!! 

Keep on enjoying your time out under the stars and keep telling us all about it.

Good luck and clear skies.

Reading your post its great to see your enthusiasm and delight shining through.

You say you only have the SW 130/900, don't do it down, you will see loads with your scope. Think what Galileo would have thought of it!! 

Keep on enjoying your time out under the stars and keep telling us all about it.

Good luck and clear skies.

Dear Astro Imp the only reason I said "just" because on this forum everybody would have me adviced not to buy the 900 focal lenght one coz it has a spherical mirror....but please correct me if I am wrong .... But I thought that it has a longer focal lenght si doesnt need a parabolical mirror and a spherical ist more forgeving so wont need collimating as often.

I may be wrong ....dont get me wrong I live me scope absolutely blown away last night whe I saw Jupiter and the Moon. I STARRED AT THE MOON FOR 3 HRS.

CLEAR SKIES AND WRAP UP WORM.

BYEBYEBYE NIGHTNIGHTNIGHT

Archived