SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear skies

lhuchison

Cracking 4 hours ... seeing not particularly good but 2nd time out in 5 weeks ... i'm happy  :grin:

Had my first taste of "green" EP's ... instantly addictive, time to move on my Axioms and get some more Delos. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about to have a sense of humour failure.

Earlier this evening, a scant four hours ago, the Met Office forecast said cloudy until midnight, then clear until morning with less than 5% chance of rain.

Barely an hour ago it had changed, to clear from 9pm (yes, it had already gone 9pm).

With clear skies failing to materialise I have just come in to find the forecast has changed yet again, to "partly cloudy" from 9pm, showers from midnight and no clear sky until 3am.

Sometimes it feels as though the entire forecasting team at the Met Office could be replaced by a handful of dice :(

RIght, I'm off to bring my kit in before the weather turns to 40C blazing hot sunshine at 11pm.

James

I'm about to have a sense of humour failure.

Earlier this evening, a scant four hours ago, the Met Office forecast said cloudy until midnight, then clear until morning with less than 5% chance of rain.

Barely an hour ago it had changed, to clear from 9pm (yes, it had already gone 9pm).

With clear skies failing to materialise I have just come in to find the forecast has changed yet again, to "partly cloudy" from 9pm, showers from midnight and no clear sky until 3am.

Sometimes it feels as though the entire forecasting team at the Met Office could be replaced by a handful of dice :(

RIght, I'm off to bring my kit in before the weather turns to 40C blazing hot sunshine at 11pm.

James

Lol.

I think there is too much pressure on the Met office guy whose job is sticking his head out of thw window and check the weather..the probably need to hire another one.

Statistics and calculations...bations...sations..dundunations... :)

Sorry to all you guys that got clouded out.

Cracking night here in the southeast. I managed to get my 7mm on to Jupiter and got some clear banding.

Then on to the Orion Nebula and could see the two tiny stars in the Trapezium.

Just wished my two new eyepieces had arrived in time to try out. Can't have it all I suppose!

Archived