Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

View all misted up.

First night in about 2 weeks I have clear skies. Set up the scope and went indoors to let scope cool down and adjust to outside temperature, go outside about 3/4 hour later and cannot see a thing through the scope. Well when I say I cannot see anything I mean that every thing is all misty, don't want to rub eyepiece or scope with anything but it is frustrating that the first night in ages that I can get outside my scope decides to mist up :sad:

Cheers Paul, "hair dryer" now that is something I haven't needed for the last few years so may have to invest in one lol. There is a removable plastic cover (not the dust cover) on the end of the scope is this a dew shield or do I need to buy or make one?

Starting to get some hazy clouds coming over now so may have to give it up for just now.

You already have a dew shield on the 705 - its the big round tube on the front around the main lense. Some slide forwards for best effect but I don't know if yours is fixed.

If it keeps misting up in your location then you may benefit from getting a dew controller and dew band to go round it. You'd need a 12V battery as well - and probably a charger. :)

Archived