Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips Vesta PCVC675K

Astropedro

I have one of these thats unmodded and was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with these and any images you could share.  I have a dslr but am wondering whether I should use the webcam just for guiding and planetary use or to get someone to do the long exposure mod and use it for DSOs as well.  It would be nice to have a cam that could do all but Im guessing the DSlR's are a cut above the webcams for DSOs.

Clear Skies.

Pete

Hello

The IR filter are usually mounted in the stock lens to the webcam and it is completely removed when you screw on your webcam to 1,25" adapter. But I recommend to buy a 1,25" IR/UV block filter to use with the cam, even if you are only intend to use it for guiding. You can guide through EQMOD pulse guide or an external ST4 to USB interface to guide with a webcam. And that is because the webcam do not have a ST4 guider port output but it is not necessary to have.

Hi.  Thanks for the information.  I have an AstroEQ on order which will take care of the pc to mount interface so to speak for guiding.  I have yet to order an adapter for the webcam which i should really do right away I suppose.  It will make it easier to adapt it to the finderscope for guiding.

Thanks again.

Archived