Celestron Advanced C8-N.

Hi

I want to upgrade to a bigger telescope. At the moment I have a Tal 100r. Which is a very good telescope .But would like something for deep sky. I have been looking at a Celestron Advanced C8-N. At a very good price. Does any one have this telescope. Any advice would be appreciated .

I also have a C8N and think it is amazing. It is great for DSO's and solar system work, although the views I have had of Mars through it have been dissappointing, but I think that might be more to do with the sky that the scope. For the money its a great buy.................. :D

One thing I didn't like was the finder scope that came with it, I prefer RDF's so that was 1 mod I made almost immediately.

Gary

Also had the C8-N and can whole heartily recommend it. A good all round instrument. Mine gave me some nice views of Mars this time round, as well as satisfying deepsky views.

You won't regret it. Although i would hang onto the Tal. Can't beat a refractor for starclusters and doubles.

Russ

Archived