Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Panaview 32mm Query

David55

I have a 32mm skywatcher Panaview wide angle eyepiece with my F6 Skyliner 200p Dobsonian. On the whole I'm very pleased with it. However, I find that the eye relief is almost too long. I have to screw the eye guard up to the top level and even then find that if I put my eye too close, the centre of the view darkens. I'm short sighted, so don't use my glasses for viewing- using my glasses would. E a disaster anyway as they are vari-

focal!

Does anyone know what causes this darkening? Does anyone else experience this problem?

Frankly the best lens I have still remains the Meade 4000 series 26mm Plossl that came with my ETX80.

Curious. I'm short-sighted too, but don't have any problems with this EP. However, it does take a little while to get used to positioning your eye comfortably with this EP.

A central dark region would suggest too large an exit pupil, can that be right? I've measured it as 5.35mm with this EP and my 'scope which should be okay if your eyes are fully dark adapted.

I have the 26mm and 9.7mm EPs with my ETX90 and rate them highly too. I did a head to head with the TV Plossls and there wasn't much in it.

Cheers

Archived