Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10 mins on jupiter!

estwing

well its the most I've had in weeks!...the dobs already set up in the shed so its good to go in 5mins, like most places its rubbish tonight but its the first time out with the mask on (170mm) making it F12...no coma there then! allowing me to use my meade 3000 plossl which are cracking ep's. Started off with the 16mm giving 127x and to be honest it didn't look bad,the focus was drifting in and out but thats the wind for you...as for the scope even with the lightshroud on the Moonshane stood steady as a rock due to great balance and workmanship!!..in popped the 9mm (226x) and fleeting seconds of focus the transit of Callisto was clear to see...in fact it was a breeze!,oh dear...well the masking off of a large Newtonian certainly works for me. I was just screwing the UHC on the 21E when the cloud came over..fast! so I rolled the cannon back into the shed to be greeted by rain while locking the door..phew that was close!...clear skies everyone,calv.

Archived