NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher 200p Case?

Hello Stargazers :)

I am wondering if i can get a Case of some kind for my Skywatcher 200p EQ5, i want to be able to walk over to this forest area near my house

Which is about 1/4 of a mile. But i don't think i would be able to as it is extremely awkward carrying the Scope by it's self. (My brother carries the tripod)

Does anyone know of any Cases or Bags that will make me carrying my scope alot easier?

I only want to spend about £50-£70 but i may spend a little more :)

Thank's in advance

Harvey.

I don't know how much they are but a cricket equipment holdall should be wide enough and long enough to take the scope. If you pad it adequately with foam then you may even get the tripod in as well. With that over your shoulder I dare say you'll have a hand free to carry the mount by the weight bar. Dunno what to suggest with the weights though - brother perhaps? lol.  :)

I don't know how much they are but a cricket equipment holdall should be wide enough and long enough to take the scope. If you pad it adequately with foam then you may even get the tripod in as well. With that over your shoulder I dare say you'll have a hand free to carry the mount by the weight bar. Dunno what to suggest with the weights though - brother perhaps? lol.  :)

I'll have a look at the cricket holdall, and i usally do astronomy with my brother so we both carry all the equipment.

Thank's for the reply :D

I have often seen cricket bags at re-cycling re-sale areas.  Worth a try to buy SH than new.

I have found a bag on Amazon which seems to be able to hold my OTA, it looks like it will hold the scope nicely.

What do you think of this?   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holdall-Caravan-Motorhome-Storage-DELIVERY/dp/B00BAHIDDI/ref=pd_cp_sg_1

Looks great size wise - the length will suit most tripods. It's made of waterproof polyester which is good for protecting from the elements - but will hold the moisture in if a scope is packed away wet on an icy or dew filled morning. So I would be careful to provide ventilation for it when storing away (maybe cut a vent or just leave it partially unzipped). :)

Looks great size wise - the length will suit most tripods. It's made of waterproof polyester which is good for protecting from the elements - but will hold the moisture in if a scope is packed away wet on an icy or dew filled morning. So I would be careful to provide ventilation for it when storing away (maybe cut a vent or just leave it partially unzipped). :)

I will probably leave it half unzipped :)

Archived