NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Telescope

Hi,

I said hello a few days ago in the welcome forum, thanks for all the replies!

I've done a lot of reading and at the moment I think I'm going to buy the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian Telescope.

Any thoughts?

This or the 150p anyway, is the 200 worth the extra? From what I've read I think it is.

for visual use? well it must be, it's a dob - then yes aperture really matters and the 200mm tube would be great. I've just jumped from 130 (5.1") to 200 (8") and visually it's quite dramatic, feels like a proper visual telescope now! Not that the smaller tubes are bad, the 130P had pin-sharp images, just everything was a lot smaller and dimmer, the larger aperture really will make a big difference to your experience.

The 200 is good but you'll be wanting more aperture sooner rather than later I'll bet. Have you had any thoughts about going bigger?

Not really, still early days for me deciding what to buy. Also about the top of my budget.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

Archived