Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video Astro Books & Software

tteedd

Hi

1. Can anyone tell me if Video Astronomy Massey, Steve/ Dobbins, Thomas A./ Douglass, Eric J. contains the same information as Deep-sky Video Astronomy Massey, Steve/ Quirk, Steve ? I have an out of date copy of the first of these (2000) and am not sure whether to buy a newer version or the other one (or neither if they cover the same ground) or

2. Can anyone recommend a better source of info?

3. I have a Logitec Pro  4000 webcam that I want to play with but I am running Win 7. Anyone know where I can get a driver or better still Video Astro software that will address it.

4  Any other useful info for someone starting our in video astro.

(I'm also interested in telescope control, now I'm experiencing my first winters astronomy and can't stand the cold. Did not mind loosing half a night's sleep in the summer but 40 mins in frost is more than enough for me. But guess I should look elsewhere for info on control).

Ted

Hi Ted

In answer to your first question:

The simple answer is no they are different - the earlier book focuses on solar system viewing (back when cameras were not that sensitive) the later book includes DSO and has more upto date info. Also has some useful info on image processing.

HTH

Paul

Archived