NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What you mean you can't find the moon?

MrStorm

I know, right? I literally stood and asked myself that very question for a good 30 minutes whilst standing in the cool crisp Northern Ireland air tonight...

After an intense period of head scratching and language my mother probably wouldn't approve of, I finally found it through the scope and bagged my first shots. Apart from the aforementioned difficulties in just finding the moon through the scope, I also noticed focusing is very minute and almost hit or miss entirely when trying to look through the cameras viewfinder.

It's by no means perfect but it's still by far a hundred times better than I've ever managed to do with just the camera and a zoom lens.

Any tips or advice on how to improve, criticisms on what I've most likely done wrong or even just general abuse for being a noob that couldn't even find the moon on a clear night is very welcome.

DSC_6356_tn.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I got put off Dobsonians when at a Star Party and a guy was trying to find the Moon through his 10".  After about 15 mins he gave up.  Guess he didn't really have the finderscope well enough aligned and as both he and I were somewhat ancient and the Moon was high, bending down to peer through it was a bit painful.  I think it also clouded over somewhat after that.  But obviously very good scopes for the views and a good picture.

Archived