Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

calibration shots

xtcdean

hey, simple question to throw at you guys, how many of each calibration shots do i load in dss, if i stacked say "30" 60 sec light subs, would just one of each do the job? is there a formula or rule of thumb.

thanks in advance

use a CC

hey, simple question to throw at you guys, how many of each calibration shots do i load in dss, if i stacked say "30" 60 sec light subs, would just one of each do the job? is there a formula or rule of thum

thanks in advance

Hi,

You want enough of them so the Sigma algorithm can do its bit, about 30 should do the job, at times I have used 51 but as I use a cooled CCD most of the time the darks are not necessary, something that is essential for DSLRs.

A.G

so lets say i took 200 light frames of m31 at 60 sec expo, and added 30 darks and 30 flats, should i get something worth the time spent taking the snaps?

It sure will be but unless you have some compelling reason for this I would have gone for 30 ~ 40 of 180s and  30 of 30s for the core. look forward to seeing the results.

A.G

It sure will be but unless you have some compelling reason for this I would have gone for 30 ~ 40 of 180s and  30 of 30s for the core. look forward to seeing the results.

A.G

cool guys thats great advice ill post as soon as i have a clear sky hopefuly this weekend

Archived