My first ever Jupiter pic.

majapala

I'm still a novice at this hobby, and since last year I've had a few stabs at imaging, mainly with a butchered xbox webcam with negligible results (fun nonetheless) . This is my first ever Jupiter image. There are a lot better out there, but thi one is mine. Most of the time I think "all the gear, no idea" but this made me smile and want to show my mum (I'm 44!).

The seeing was so good on Wednesday evening I couldn't resist it.

51 x 20 second images with a Mak 127 alt/az mount 1/13 ISO 200 on a canon 600D stacked on an ageing MacBook with Lynceos. I didn't know what any of that meant 12 months ago.

post-28305-0-51665700-1386449641.jpg

None of this is easy. Sometimes I wonder why I have decided to become interested an a hobby so complicated.

Yes. Not only is it complicated..... and it makes matters worse as we carry out the hobby in the dark when it's really cold!

We must be mad.

Good first attempt. Keep going.

Sam

Nothing wrong with that for your first go.  When you think about the fact that you've taken a picture of something several hundred million miles away, any image is impressive.

Or at least that's what I tell myself on those nights when I'm struggling.   :grin:

Archived