Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium positioning

Dave_D

After doing the usual PA and 3 star alignment i was shooting the Pleiades last night. Had stellarium running on the netbook which was plugged into the synscan handset. The scope was pointing at the pleiades but stellarium said it was pointing here:

stellarium-000_zpsf9e0d579.jpg

(this is a mock-up btw not an actual screenshot from last night) the synscan would slew to vega and deneb and have them almost central in the eyepiece at x35. Time/date/lat/long/timezone and DST were all set correctly. Anyone have an idea as to why stellarium was showing the location incorrectly?

Are all your GPS coordinates in Stellarium, The ASCOM Setup & The Mount exactly the same??? Ive suffered this issue in the past with them not being.

Grrrrr you might have it there... I'd set the location in stellarium to just 'Manchester' which is N 53° 28' 48" W 2° 15' instead of my home location which is about 10 miles southwest

Archived