Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT feature requests

kirkster501

This is great software.  I now use it as my CCD control software too.  Supports dithering as well.

I have some requests for the developer if he is watching:

1. Would be nice to have an auto-stretch function like Artemis has when using a CCD.

2. Using a CCD it would be nice to be able to zoom in on live view like you can with a Canon DLSR.  This would help focusing with a Mask.

3. Ability to edit the running plan for when you may want to add more lights without stopping the plan.

4. Ability to tick a line in a plan entry so it does not run.  Currently you have to clone and delete the line entry if you don't want it to run.  That is a PITA.

Rgds, Steve

Why not go direct Steve ...? ... http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Suggest.aspx

Thanks Steve, was not aware of that. 

That said, the developer is often on these pages and is very open to suggestions.  Thats why I like APT so much; not dealing with a faceless bunch of suits, dealing with the developer himself! :)

Steve,

Thank you for the suggestions! I put some of them in my To-Do list and will address when is possible.

Here are some notes :)

1. I have spend a lot of time to investigate and experiment with the auto stretch without finding a way that works in all cases :(

2. There is no way to implement true zoom for CCDs. the 1:1 preview mode is showing the unscaled image but x5 and x10 can be made only with software zoom... If this is what you need then APT's magnifier (in the Tools tab) is already available :)

Steve,

Thank you for the suggestions! I put some of them in my To-Do list and will address when is possible.

Here are some notes :)

1. I have spend a lot of time to investigate and experiment with the auto stretch without finding a way that works in all cases :(

2. There is no way to implement true zoom for CCDs. the 1:1 preview mode is showing the unscaled image but x5 and x10 can be made only with software zoom... If this is what you need then APT's magnifier (in the Tools tab) is already available :)

Ivo, I find the magnifier does not work with my CCD - Atik 460 - with the Ascom driver.  The option is greyed out in APT.

But good work with APT! :)  I really like it.  I use the dithering function and it is great!

Archived