Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Missing xp program?

Demon Barber

Here`s hoping someone can help,i have been trying to reserect an old desktop (5yr old) to use in my obs,have been successful in installing all astro progs that ii need,my problem is (My BluetoothPlaces) is missing and im sure its gone from my desktop(hp  running win xp sp3) can anyone give me a solution to reinstall it.

I looked on the microsoft website and while there are pages on how to remedy the problem i could do with a  walk through as you will probably realise i know nothing of how to drive a computer.

Thanks 

Mke

If you have had a bluetooth device installed previously then you should have an Add bluetooth devices icon under your 'Control Panel'

You have already got the bluetooth adaptor installed on your PC presumably?

If so then try re-installing it... Widows should load the appropriate drivers for it, since they were included with SP 2.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Sandy.

I am running old XP desktop with BT (having added BT dongle), so the answer is - yes it should be possible, but I can't remember how I've done it...

I vaguely recall that BT dongle came with software?

Or... are you expecting your desktop to have BT by default? if so cfpendock is I believe right - most desktops will not have BT

Hello,sorry for delay,have spent hours on microsoft website,to no avail,it seems service pack 2 has a fix but my desktop is running sp3,gave up at 3am,and went back to my laptop,just seems a waste of a perfectly good desktop,not to mention very frustrating.

Thanks for all the ideas,will keep looking for a solution,

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

You can still get/download a copy of service Pack 2 here: -

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28

You can still install it even though you have SP3 installed.

Odd though, you need to have either SP1a or SP2 installed in order to install SP3 in the first place...I suspect you only have SP1a and SP3.

You can easily check what is installed by going to your Control Panel.

Click on ADD/SUBTRACT windows programmes.

When screen opens there is a tick box at the top to 'INCLUDE UPDATES'... tick this box.

You will get a list of everything installed under windows.... scroll down to Microsoft updates and you should see which SP's you have installed.

After you install SP2 you will need to re-install your firewire hardware/dongle.

Hope you get it sorted.

Best Regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Hi Mike,

That should have read as 'Re-install your Bluetooth hardware/Dongle'

After you have installed SP2 it would pay you to check 'Microsoft Update' for any later updates applicable to SP2, I know there have been several.

Best Regards.

Sandy :grin:

Archived