NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun In White Light 23-11-2013. 11:15

Steve Ward

Patience is a must-have virtue for this game of ours ...  :p ... was set up and tracking at 08:30 but had to sit for nigh on three hours watching the drizzle while the blue to the east and west of me wafted by tantalisingly ....  :embarassed:

Eventually the wind veered slightly to bring me the patch I needed , shot a rapid 160 , selected and stacked 50.

Probably my last view of the monster spot and a lean week ahead by the look of it.

P23-11-13_zps52e1695b.png

1000D + ED80Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/500s @ ISO 200 , 50/160 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

Very nice. Steve, well done holding out for this one. :smiley:  Though I am worried about you being up a ladder for 3 hours :p

I caught a very lucky gap in the clouds here after a 30 minute wait, only just made it as I had to go out. I normally miss the clear gap, my timing was out!

Wowsers. I guess cool down time is reduced too! :grin:

I was indoors waiting ...  :p

That said , I've not had any heating on here since February 2011 so it wasn't exactly toasty indoors , I prefer the warm clothing approach to paying exorbitant energy bills ...  :rolleyes:

Archived